Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jars of Clay

   No, I have not joined the band Jars of Clay. ;) Just something that has been on my mind a lot lately is what do we look like to the world? Or, even more importantly, what are we supposed to look like? We are not supposed to look amazing or talented or any of that. Because if that`s how we look, who`s getting the glory? Us or God? But if we look broken and filthy and messed-up, people see that there`s no way that what`s inside of us is us. They see that it`s something powerful, something beautiful that`s at work. That`s why we have this treasure in jars of clay. Check out 2 Corinthians 4. You should read 5 too. Two really good chapters. =)

I`m not that impressive
I don`t want them to see how great I am
I want to point them to the Potter
Cause I`m just the clay
I`m just the clay

I want them to see that I`m broken in every way
So they can better see that what`s inside of me isn`t me
Isn`t me

Look at me, filthy me
And see how beautiful is God Almighty

Just some words to a song I`m writing. Still working on it. :) Always look like a twinkie, not a ding-dong.


"Let him who boasts, boast in the LORD."


--Rye Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment