Thursday, August 8, 2013

Endings and Beginnings

   So, whether we like it or not, the summer is drawing to a close. Soon, the leaves on the trees will be turning all sorts of beautiful colors and falling to the ground below. The end of summer. The beginning of fall. Right around that same time, school-books will be "dusted off" so to speak, and the school year will be upon us once again. The end of summer vacation. The beginning of school.

   But, the saddest of these endings and beginnings is the end of my sister living at home and the beginning of her life in a college dorm room. Sunshine is moving her stuff in this Saturday. Then she will officially move in the next weekend. Just the other day I think I finally realized, "Wow. She`s going to be gone for nine months." And, eesh, that`s no fun to think about. :( Thankfully, Omaha isn`t horribly far at all, but still...no more goofing around while making lunch, no more talking late into the night, no more watching SpongeBob together. Hmph. Well, thankfully, I serve a God who is bigger than anything. I serve a God who controls the atoms and molecules of every tiny square inch on this earth, and holds the universe in the palm of His hand. And if this same God says that He will take care of me, who am I to doubt Him? So, yeah it is an ending. And yes I will miss my sister more than you can know. But Sunshine moving out is also a beginning. And God has it all in His hand. That`s a pretty cool thing to know.


--Rye Bread

By the way, I will be posting pictures of our crazy vacation(s) in the next blog post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment