Friday, December 6, 2013

The Problems With Christian Music

       I recently read this article about what a lot of Christian music is like today. About why a lot of it is so blaaaah, and why we can pretty much tell right away whether we`re listening to a secular or Christian song. It`s written by Michael Gungor and it`s somewhat lengthy, but I really think you should try and read the whole thing, if you have time. http://awakengeneration.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/michael-gungor-on-the-problem-with-the-christian-music-industry/

Now, don`t get me wrong either. Although I do agree with what he is saying, there are a lot of Christian artists that I enjoy listening to who have good lyrics and music. So, I`m not shunning Christian music or anything like that. But in general, it seems as if Christian music has slowly become a marketing term rather than God-glorifying art. But just go read the article before I tell you everything. ;)


--Rye Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment