Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer, Part 2

  I think this is the first time I`ve actually done a Part 2 when I said I was going to. So, I hope you enjoy reading about and looking at pictures of our family vacation!! :D Here goes nothing.

Okay, so we left Saturday, June 23, and headed on our way to the Badlands/Black Hills. On the way, we stopped at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD.

Yeah, I know. It`s a pretty corny picture. Haha, for you, Mr. Henn, if you read this. ;)
Then, we continued on to the Badlands. It was pretty cool.

It was really bright.



That`s us. =)

Next stop: Wall Drug.
      I don`t think we got very many pictures there, so, moving on to the next day with Mount Rushmore and, well, more. Haha, ok that wasn`t very funny. Moving on.










  There were many more pictures, but, they pretty much all look the same, so, yeah. It was really awesome. After that we went to a place called the Cosmos or something like that, I can`t quite remember. But it was really cool. You`ll just have to look at the pictures to see what I mean.


  Now, I know it looks like we`re standing crooked on purpose, but we`re actually standing up perfectly straight. Bizarre I know. It was pretty cool. And really dizzying.








    It was a pretty weird place. But very interesting. After that we went on a train ride that rode through the Black Hills.





  It was pretty fun. Not a lot of pictures of that, so, on to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park where we were for the rest of the week.

The Teton Mountains. We got to see those every day. They were pretty amazing.

The Big Fella, Eddie Joe, and Dad went on a car ride in the morning and they came across some...

...buffalo! Right in front of them.

We also saw a few moose.

And deer. We also saw a wolf, but it was way too fast to get a picture of it.







Lots of hiking.

Peaches and Eddie Joe dipping their feet in the ice-cold water. Brrrr.

Soon, Dad and I were in too. So freezing cold.

Old Faithful. That was pretty amazing to see.








  Well, that`s about it. Thanks so much for reading and looking at ALL the pictures you die-hard readers. And all of you who skimmed through it, thank you too. ;) Overall, it was a pretty awesome vacation. Have a wonderful week!!



--Rye Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment