Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"...as the spring rains that water the earth."

"Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."  Hosea 6:3

I was listening to a sermon tonight, and the speaker had mentioned a passage in Hosea. As I was looking through the book, I stumbled across that verse and it really hit home. The sermon I was listening to was about God's faithfulness and as I read that verse, I was just overwhelmed with a feeling of peace. I was so blown away as I recalled the truth of God's steadfastness in my life. As I remember these things, I long to serve and follow Him. This verse reminded me: He's worth it! He will never let me down. He will never leave my side. He will always provide. He will refresh and replenish, just as the spring rains water the earth. What an awesome picture. It was just raining today! It's like God knew that I would read this verse later...hmmm... ;) Man, let us press on to know this awesome God!

As a side-note, I noticed that I didn't post ANY music in my last blog post. Which was like a millennium ago. I apologize for that. So, to make it up to you, I will share not one, but TWO musically awesome things for you to enjoy. Yeah. You're welcome.

First off, I will tell you about my main man, Chris Rice. The guy is a musical genius! Seriously, his instrumentation and composition skills are off the charts. I don't know where he comes up with it. You've probably all heard of him. He's pretty well-known for his song "Come to Jesus," which used to play on K-LOVE allllll the time. I grew up listening to him and I sort of rediscovered him last summer while organizing a bunch of old CD's. I found his album Smell The Color 9 and I was hooked. His lyrics are pretty unique. And man, whoever plays bass for him...well...that person knows how to play the bass. In any and all of his songs, just listen to the bass. It's ridiculous. Here's one of his songs: "Love Is Gonna Break Through"  I encourage you to go and listen to more of his stuff as well!

Round 2. This one will be quick. I've already told you about The Brilliance, but their new album came out fairly recently. I bought it and I love it. Go check it out right now: Brother, by The Brilliance

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

--Rye Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment